vendredi 29 janvier 2016

When to add coral.

I started with my saltwater tank a couple years ago. Things were going pretty until a heater failed and killed all the inverts in the tank. At the time I was busy and work and put off proper maintenance........ Fast forward to green algae everywhere.

About two months ago I recommitted to the tank. Water change, levels checking, cleanings, GFO and carbon. Phosphate are gone tank looks better and green algae is brown and pulling off the rock. We still have spots of (now brown algae) but it is on its way out. The rocks are starting to purple up and my kenya and Xenia couldn't be happier. Changed over to twin 16" LED lights from SB Reeflights.

The question is when to start adding in coral. Would like to put a mat of GSP (love the look) and hammer corral in the tank. Should I wait until all the dead algae is gone? Or ok to add back now?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire