mardi 26 janvier 2016

Clevers 30g Rebuild

The Back Story
The tank isn't a new setup I set it up a year ago for a frag tank but I am going to turn it into a reef tank. I had stepped away from saltwater but I found myself missing it as the weeks went on without one. I walked away because of the cost and time that my 300g system demanded. I turned my 220g into an amazon Biotope because I had always wanted an Arowana. I figure the cost and maintenance of a 30g reef tank is minimal in comparison.

The Plan
I have a few things to do to get the tank ready. I need to make a new sump. A 10g tank will fit perfectly in the stand so I will use a 10g. There should be enough space for a reef octopus INT110 (possibly a space saver version if the normal one doesn't fit but it should be fine). I always did BB because cleaning the sand in my 220g was a pain because I don't have the longest arms and it took so long to vaccume all of the sand but on the 30g I am going to put sand in. I am going to try to do something nice for the aquascape not sure what yet. Other then that I have all the equipment I need and I have 260lbs dry rock in my basement to choose from so that should make aquascaping easy.

For coral I have been thinking a few different things. I have thought of doing a pure tank like having only chalices or Zoas but I fear I will be unhappy with the diversity of shape, color, and lack of movement. I am also thinking maybe the best idea would be to do a pure LPS tank. LPS give lots of shape color and movement along with being easy maintenance. I am normally an SPS guy but with the 30g I think I am safer don't LPS as they are more forgiving.

Equipment
Light - 250 MH Pendent (it may be 175w Im not sure ill have to double check)
Skimmer - Reef Octopus INT110 Classic
Power Head - Jebao RW-4
Return Pump - Quietone 3000
Sump - 10g
Media Reactor - BRS 2x Chamber reactor for GFO/Carbon
Doser - Jebao 4x pump (not sure ill even need it)
Controller - Reef Keeper Light

Pictures will be posted as things move along. I will be working on the Aquascape this week to get the cycle going while I wait for my Skimmer to come in.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire