mercredi 23 septembre 2015

Is this a Corynactis Californica, and what do I do with it?

Yoh! I'm new to saltwater tanks, so I figured I'd start with something easy: a Whitemouth eel. It's name is Jetsam and it's a ferocious cutie that I'm completely in love with.

About 4 days ago, I found strange little pink grows in there. I think they're Corynactis. There are 4 of them so far, and they seem to have appeared out of nowhere. I have no idea where they came from. They weren't there last week.

Is this a Corynactis Californica?


And if so, are they dangerous to my eel?

I'm moving Jetsam to a 120 gallon tank in two weeks, but I don't know what to do with the strange little pink things?

They seem to be multiplying and getting bigger. Should I be concerned?

Stats: 40 gallon that's been going for about a month since I moved, but has been going for 4 months before that at my old place, water temp is constant 78 and always has been, all levels are normal, except Nitrates are usually a pesky 30/40ppm no matter what I do. I'm running a Hydor slim skim skimmer and an Emperor 280. I have a ton of live rocks in there. I haven't added anything new to the tank since I set it up months ago.

Here's the tank, and Jetsam.


Any ideas? Suggestions?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire