mercredi 3 décembre 2014

Starting my QT. Myths and facts

So I've just filled my 37g QT with water and added salt. I've got two hydor 600gph ph's, one hydor heater and some cheap lights that came with the tank. Once salinity and temp stabilize I'm going to start cycling it. I've got two sponge filters about 6" long by 2" high and 2" wide to hold the bacteria needed for filtering.



I've done lots of research but want to ask here. Will copper and other treatments kill my nitrifying bacteria once it's there? Will these sponge filters be sufficient in bacteria to support fish?



I'm going to put my two clowns and kole in it once it's cycled because they are known ich carriers and I want to rid my dt of ich by leaving it empty. Other than that, I'll be adding one fish every 6-8 weeks after that.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire