mardi 15 juillet 2014

Ecotech Radion - SPS Tank

Hello All...I've just recently disassembled my tank for a job relocation and I'm planning the rebuild. My old set up was a mixed reef and I plan to go SPS dominant for my new set up. I had a few SPS frags in my old set up but didn't get the vibrant colors I see in al ot of other tanks. I have (2) Radion XR30 Gen 2's only for lighting - and ran them on a 14K 9 hr schedule. I kept a low nutrient stable system with weekly 10% water changes and automated dosing systems. My question is - how do I get those awesome colors in my new SPS set up? Is it possible with pristine water conditions and just the Radions? My LFS has different opinions - 1 says to switch to metal halide and the other says the Radions should do the job. I've even considered building a canopy and retro'ing T5 in the canopy for better color. What are your opinions on my lighting options and based on the current equipment is list below:



75G Display

(2) Radion XR30 Gen 2's

Eschopps RS-110 Berlin sump

7" 100 micron filter sock

1 cup carbon in mesh media bag changed monthly

Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer

BRS dosers - ESV Ca & Alk - 30ml/day

50# real reef live rock

1" live sand bed

(2) Ecotech MP40's

Sicce Return



No refugium, media reactors, ect.



Temp - 79F

Nitrate - .5 or less

Phosphate - 0

Ammonia - 0

Nitrate - 0

PH - 8.2

SG - 1.025

Ca - 420

Alk - 10

Mg - 1350



FYI, the tank has been fishless for about 3 months anticipating the move. Please let me know your thoughts or if you have questions. Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire