jeudi 17 juillet 2014

Curing Dry Rock

I have a question that might be easily answered. I bought dry rock from BRS and i placed it in my tank that i was getting ready to set up. I ran the tank with just the rocks for a few months and took readings every week or so. I experienced an amonia spike and nitrite and nitrate spike . (nitrates are coming back down still. Were at 20 last week)



I have moved the tank to its final location and i added in live sand that i also bought from BRS.



I have placed a piece of rock from my other aquarium into this new one (been in there for about a week)



My question is do you think it will be safe to put a few crabs and snails in the tank and maybe a fish.



is the rock live now that it has gone through a cycle ?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire