mercredi 16 juillet 2014

Calcium Reactor running very slow

Hi people,



So I got a GEO calcium reactor about 8 months ago. It's been amazing until recently. I noticed one morning that the effluent line had completely stopped. I thought maybe the line was clogged so I removed it, and tried running some tap water through it. Well, it wasnt clogged. So I tried the in-line tubing (much wider), also not clogged. I tried the powerhead (MJ 1200), also working fine it seemed.



Well I reassembled it after testing these likely culprits and I started getting very little effluent, like a drip speed. I have no valve on the effluent line as I have a well stocked 300g tank that basically needs the reactor on full blast all the time.



Anyways, thinking that maybe the MJ was just weak from being throttled by the effluent line for so long, I replaced the powerhead this weekend. THe result is slightly better, but it's still not producing as much effluent as when I first set up the unit a few months ago.



Any idea what's going on or what action I should think about taking? I guess there must be some sort of obstruction or clog somewhere, but not sure how to find it or deal with it. LIke i said, I tried running the tap through the effluent tubing and the in-line tubing. Both seemed to be fine but perhaps there is some build up in one of these that I can't see? The in-line tubing is clear and wider, so I doubt this is the problem.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire