mardi 1 juillet 2014

11 year old tank and suddenly 2 kinds of coral seem to be dying. HELP

72gl bowfront T5 lights, water parameters pretty consistent going on 12 years. I have a galaxea that i have fragged over the last 10+ years to 14 frags in all different areas of the tank. About 2wks ago ALL of them started to recede and now they are turning white and i can barely see their tips. Same thing is happening to 2 colonies of zoos. Mushrooms and star polyps are fine and this 'crash' seems to have come out of nowhere. I've done an 80% water change even though my tests were no different than any other time over the years with the normal monthly water changes and i can't think of anything that i've done any differently. I am at my wits end trying to save them. I have fed them extra Reef Snow and it seems to be making them even worse.

They are all growing on large pieces of live rock so while i CAN take some out and move them to my nano, i prefer not to if they have some kind of 'disease'. The 'dying' is happening simultaneously regardless of where i have them in the tank...i have some high, medium and toward the bottom...ALL are doing exactly the same thing. I have searched on line for 'bleached out corals' 'torch and galaxea coral suddenly retracting' and i am not finding answers. Hopefully someone here can help. I am crushed to see all these beautiful healthy corals crash so suddenly!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire