mardi 30 janvier 2018

Strange things in strange places

Haven’t been around for a while since having to give up the tank. But I thought that all of you, being saltwater geeks and all, might find these things interesting.

I did not know there were coral reefs in Alaska. This piece of Red Tree Coral came up on a halibut long line near Kodiak. I thought it had drifted in a strange and impossible current. But nope... coral reefs in Alaska!

I caught this Opa by hand in the surf on the North Pacific Ocean. Quite a struggle, although it was mostly dead. Although a little alive and 80lbs is still hard by hand. I took off my waterproof gear so the picture would be pretty. It sure wandered a long way from its more tropical home. Had it lived, I would have run out for a 3k gallon tank!

Hope you and yours and your fishies are well.
Helen

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: E19E3E91-2A95-4EB4-B072-5FB731170A58.jpeg Views: N/A Size: 167.2 KB ID: 169426  
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BAC541F1-E870-4095-AA21-D36645A20BAF.jpeg (1.94 MB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire