jeudi 18 janvier 2018

My first saltwater tank??

Hello, I'm going to be getting my first ever saltwater tank in the next few months and I'm VERY excited! I have kept all types of animals and I have kept multiple difficult freshwater species but I have never kept saltwater fish.
My main reason to even get a saltwater tank is corals, I really really really love corals.
I am only home every other week but I plan on getting a device that I could somehow monitor the tank with or I could ask the other people in my house to Facetime me a few times a week to show me how the tank is doing but if absolutely necessary I will come home to check on them once a week.

I am getting a 50 gallon long aquarium that I'm going to turn into my first reef tank and Im very nervous about buying the wrong equipment. The tank is not drilled but I will take it to a glass cutting company if I need to because I would like a sump filter but I will use HOB if it works fine (I don't exactly care about it looking absolutely perfect). I also have tried to do some research about lighting but every site is telling me different, so far my 2 best lighting options are the Galaxyhydro Led 55x3w Dimmable 165w Full Spectrum LED and the OceanRevive® Arctic-T247 Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED.

My main problem though is choosing whats going to be living in the tank so I will list my favorite corals and living inhabitants here, I will also have a * next to my favorite

Corals
Star Polyps, Green Star Polyps and Daisy Polyps
colt corals
toadstool coral
*dented and closed brain coral
xenia
*hammer corals
*sun coral
frogspawn coral
*bubble coral
short tentacle plate coral

Anemones
long tentacle anemone
magnificent anemone

Living things
*clownfish, preferred the maroon clown but if thats a problem I'll go for something smaller
chromis
*dwarf coloured sand duster
fighting conch
cerith snail
*red foot moon snail
coral banded shrimp

Again, I have never kept saltwater fish or anything saltwater so please tell me if the stocking would be too heavy because I will lower it down if it is.

Any advise is much appreciated, also please remember that the tank Isn't even set up yet and I do not have any equipment yet, this is why I'm asking you guys what you think is the best for my future tank (protein skimmers, lighting, do's and don'ts, RODI units, all that stuff) I know it sounds selfish to ask on here for all this stuff but the internet isn't giving me any good answers and from what I know from the freshwater hobby, the community always knows best.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire