lundi 29 janvier 2018

Coral light and placement, newbie to reef!

Hi all,
I need some advice as Im new to corals and just got a couple and they dont look great. I have a 3 head duncan frag that barely opens (2 weeks now, 2 spots in tank) and a pulsing xenia frag I dont know where to place (just 2 days old but looks miserable)

I have 2 black boxes on a FOWLR 220
https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Are these lights sufficient? My tank is 6 feet long x 30 inches tall x 24 wide
The lights are dimmed at 40% blues and 20% whites and set about 4 inches above the water. The Duncan is middle/high in the tank (about a foot under the light and not directly under it) and medium flow -estimated par is like 300 to 400? and the Xenia is an inch or 2 off the sand bed directly under the light w low flow- maybe 200 par?

Temp 79/80, sal 1.025, nitrite/amon 0, nitrate 5 or less, cal 500. phosphates are high due to a tap water change when lfs had issues with their rodi water, I cant remember the test .15 maybe? but problem has been corrected and good rodi water again.

I target feed the duncan but it has barely come out, I tried it in a low flow spot and lower light, no change. What else can I do for it? The xenia I just dont know where to place? Thank you!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire