mercredi 1 février 2017

Hello I'm Lauren hope to get some friendly advice here!

:wavey:


Hi I'm Lauren,
Glad to be part of the reefing community! Im 30 live in london and have been into marine fish keeping for years! I finally got given a tank for xmas in 2015 and now spend my days researching online and watching you tube for the best advice for my tank and hopefully future larger tanks-Current dream getting the new Red sea reefer nano cube!! I love cube systems.
I have a 48litre/12 gallon nano cube. All in one system by interpet (River reef)
IN THE BACK-Eheim nano skimmer 350 (added), Fluval Carbon bag, Fluval clear max Phosphate control bag , Biochemicial cubes to store good bacteria (came with the tank) Large foam pad, Filter floss pad. Pump which came with the tank which is not great for water flow...
DISPLAY TANK- x1 Nano hydor powerhead
ROCK & SAND- Real Rock, Carib sea pink Live sand,
CORALS-Xiena, toadstool leather, Africian tree, ricordia
FISH- Tomato clown, Blue/Green Chromis,
INTERVERT - Cleaner shrimp, bumble bee snails, hermit crabs, a lovely selection of bristle worms !

MAINTENANCE- 25 % water change weekly. Aquarium system Reef salts-Normally a water change on Sunday nights
DOSING- Currently dosing with Red sea Foundation elements for Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity
Only just started testing Potassium, Iodine and Iron with the Red sea test kits.
FEEDING- I use marine cuisine frozen food and Hikari dry food

CURRENT PARAMETERS-
(2days after water change )
Temp- 28'c
Salinity- 1.025
PH- 8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Calcium-450
Alkanity-3.1/8.7
Magnesium- 1090
Potassium- 320
Iodine- 0.09
Iron- 0.15

PROBLEMS- My magnesium levels always seem to be really low ! I have been logging all parameters weekly so i can see what my levels are doing (CA, MG, DKH). I dont really want to do a water change twice weekly so have been topping up my supplements. However always seems to be low on magnesium! I dont understand why i sem to be buying bottles of magnesium and having to dose 80-100ml weekly. I am just trying to determine if i dose a little bit of ach weekly this can stop the swings in magnesium-ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREAT!
-Another problem my coral seem to be light pink brown, hence the reason why i will be starting with the red sea colour care program.. Below I have put a link of one of my favourite tanks from nanoreef.com that I aspire to http://ift.tt/2kWKwMa.

Hoping i can get some helpful advice here to help me succeed with my tank!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1186.jpg (94.9 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire