dimanche 24 janvier 2016

HELP - protein skimmer smells of poo or a sespit.

For my new tank upgrade my wife has demanded that I turn my protein skimmer off as I have been away on several work trips and the house stinks of ****, From the skimmer.
My old 300 litre reef tanks skimmer never smells, but the larger skimmer on my new 1000 litre setup really stinks.
At the moment she is willing not to divorce me if I keep the skimmer off, however I really don't want to do that.

I understand that I can add carbon pads to the air outlet and also turn down the amount of oxygen going into the skimmer and this will minimise the smell. However I am really on my last chance with the wife, so wondered if there is anything extra I can do to stop the smell.As I reckon one more stinky house and the tank will be moved to the garage.

Any help will be welcome....

skimmer is a TMC 1500 DC skimmer, on a 1000 litre 3 month old tank.
I also run biopellets so need the skimmer for that as well.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire