lundi 25 janvier 2016

Getting back into it. I walked away but couldnt stay away.

Hey guys, I walked away from the reef hobby because I didn't have the money or time to really make the aquarium I wanted. So I took my 220g and turned it into a amazon Biotope and I really like it. My other tank the idea was to do a high tech planted tank. I went out. got the soil. got the equipment for it and decided I just wasn't into it. I couldn't ever get it started and found my self missing saltwater more and more as the weeks went on. I would go down and look at my 220g and see the 30g cube (was my frag tank) next to it that I was turning into a planted tank and thought I should just make that a reef tank.

I debated and debated but decided I am going to go for it. All I need to make the switch is some new sand and a Skimmer and add some baffles to the sump. I have loads of rock from my 220g because I never got rid of any of it so I will start working on a nice scape for the 30g. As far as coral I am not sure what I want to do. I may just do something easy and simple like some LPS with a lot of Zoas. I think that would look nice and be easy on me. I was wanting to do SPS but that may drive me nuts and id like to stay away from it for now. Maybe some time in the future I will go SPS we will see.

Just wanted to let you guys know whats been going on and that I am back. The one thing I have learned about this hobby is your love for it never goes away. It may fade from time to time but you cant shake it.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire