mardi 24 février 2015

Weird algae bloom...not sure why

I have a 270g system that has never had algae before and now I am suddenly getting a lot of green film algae on the glass. What could be going on. It is the only algae I am seeing and I have to remove it every day from the glass. I have never had this issue and the only thing changed is I added a 30g frag tank to the system however it was starting to do it before I ever did that.



There are no new fish and I have done about 150g in water changes in the last 2 weeks (Was getting my alk down)



I tossed some GFO in the reactor 2 days ago but that hasnt helped yet.



My only thought was maybe my sandbed finally got fully loaded with all it can handle. I am planning on removing the sand bed over the next 2-3 weeks.



Edit: When it started was actually after I turned my lighting down. I was running my AI Hydras at 100% and dropped them down to 80% and that is about the same time this started happening.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire