mardi 2 décembre 2014

Need help with tank move

I need advice to minimize losses.



Here's the scoop.

I am moving my fish over to a new house, and a brand new tank. I don't want to lose anything. So, why not ask the pros! I have an idea of what I want to do. I just want some reassurance, and pointers. This tank is twice the size as the 46G I had moved in the middle of summer. I live in northern Indiana. I am looking at moving everything in 20-30 degree weather. The good thing is that I only have to move the tank inhabitants 5 miles. I have some challenges ahead of me for sure.



The tank is getting to be a pain to take care of. I live in one house and the tank is at another. I want to speed up the process, because I want to go home at night. Not worry about getting out in the cold to feed my fish, and check on the tank. The stand/wall of the new tank is ready. we still need to paint but I am doing that tonight. I still have to plumb the new tank, and do a leak test.



Important details about the tank move.

I have a 90G tank that is LPS dominant. I have 4 large RBTAs. 8 fish.

80-90lbs of LR, about 20-30lbs of sand.

Keeping the sump I have on the 90G

The new tank is a RR 125G Marineland aquarium that will be built in the wall.

I don't have a holding tank set up for the fish while I set the new tank up.

This needs to happen in one day.



Things I need help with/ worried about.

How much of the old water should I move over?

Keep the sand? SSB that has been taken care of and siphoned once a week. I don't know what's hiding in it or if there is anything I should be worried about.

Will the bacteria on the rocks support the larger tank?

how long do you think I have before a large amount of die off would happen? All of the rocks will be fully submerged in the water from the old tank.

I have an idea of what I want to do. Just want to see what you all think and form a decision after hearing your opinions. I am way over thinking this which is kind of stressing me out. Normally I don't worry about stuff like this, but this time feels different. probably because the size and work it will take lol.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire