lundi 1 septembre 2014

Drilling acrylic? Making carbon holder

So I bought some activated carbon as well as my melanous fairy wrasse last night. I have a mesh bag, it's about 5in by 3in. Right now I'm limited on where I can put it. I was thinking of making a holder for it out of acrylic. Is it easy to drill acrylic? I was thinking of making a tray to set the bag in and funneling athe water thru the tray off of one of the baffles. Probably after my settling area right before the return chamber. Not sure where to put it for the maximum amount of water to flow thru it.



Sump is 55gal with 4 chambers.

Skimmer chamber where overflow dumps, bubble trap, settling area/refug, return chamber. Each baffle is 1in lower then the previous. Except the skimmer chamber, it is about 3in higher then the rest.



My overflow box also has a baffle seperating it in two. The mesh bag would fit perfectly in here making pretty much 100% of the water flow thru it. I've been thinking and I don't think it would create a clog situation since it wouldn't be on the drain side of the box. It would however have a lot of detritus to deal with since that's the first step to get water out of the DT




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire