mardi 27 mars 2018

Creating a Royal Gramma Basslet Harem

I'm looking to set a royal gramma harem in my tank in my 120. For those of you that do not know, there are 2 species of fish tank are called the "royal gramma basslet" and are both found in separate regions of the Caribbean. While they are similar in appearance, they have very different temperaments. The fish I am looking for is the Gramma loreto as it can been kept in small groups, typically mated pairs while the Gramma brasiliensis is extremely aggressive towards similar looking species and will kill other grammas if housed together. Besides the fact that the latter gets a few inches larger, they are almost identical.



The reason I wish to achieve this is that apparently, this makes the fish less skittish and keeps them out in the open more. Royal grammas are beautiful, but anyone who has owned one knows how much they hide, so this should be a solution to that.

I think the only way to go about it is to buy 4 and place them in a quarantine to see how they interact. I guess buying smaller, and more colorful specimens in the best way to achieve this look. I will have a few breeding containers just in case things get out of hand. Any ideas on how to do this better, please share.

here is the look of the g. loreto in a harem

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.58.49 AM.jpg Views: N/A Size: 70.3 KB ID: 173689  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire