jeudi 3 novembre 2016

Switching to Saltwater

Hello,

I bought a little 10 gallon tank for my 2 year old(who loves fish) to see some freaking fish. After a few months I realized I was enjoying the hobby more than he was, so I decided that I would do what any rational parent would do, and UPGRADE the hobby and this time with salt...

Because of that, I have now found myself with several items on the way to my house in the next few days... One of which that is already sitting in my house a 75 gallon tank.

At first, I was going to just do a super simple, fish only with dead rock. I originally decided to do that because I wasn't sure if I wan't to jump in to the water with both feet. I heard that with only fish if you have good water, you can pretty much just treat it, mix it with salt water and you're good to go with fish only. I tested my tap water and it's actually pretty good, so I think that would work. However, after buying everything that I did, I thought why stop now? I bought an Ro/Di filter as well.

Now, as a saltwater newb, I'm not entirely sure how far I should commit to the live stuff. I'm thinking a fish only live rock tank is probably my max with this current set up, but I want to see if corals are in option.

As said earlier, I have a 75 gallon tank

The other items I've purchased is a
Hydor Pro 350 Canister filter(280gph)
Hydor ETH 300 in-line external heater
Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED plus
Some Instan Ocean Bio-Spira to kickstart things
And a RO/DI filter 100GPD.


Tomorrow I was going to stop by my local aquarium store to pick up some sand and 2 water circ heads.


What realistically can I run with a setup like this without a sump? I'd love to get the most as I could out of what I have.

Thanks for the help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire