jeudi 3 novembre 2016

First Bubble Tip Anemone

55G Long
0 Phosphates
0Nitrates

Equipment:
65G Skimmer
2x 165 Watt Led Fixtures
2x 800GPH powerheads
1x 250GPH powerhead [aimed at water surface]
60 lbs of live / base rock



Hey everyone, it's been a few months since I started my tank, and probably at least a month since I've provided a tangible update.

Things are seeming pretty stable (with the exception of a serpent star that was recently bullied to death.)
I recently added some new tank inhabitants, including: A Brittle Star, several Cerith Snails, and a small Yellow Tang.

They've all acclimated and seem pretty cozy.
I swung by Petco a 2 days ago to pick up some white filter pads for the output on my protein skimmer and noticed they were having a throw away sale on some of their marine inverts.

Including Anemone's.
So, against my better judgment I snagged the only Bubble Tip Anemone they had (no foot damage, no gaping mouth, colors looked great) for 15 dollars.

I acclimated it for around 45 minutes, placed it in a small crevice in my aquascaping, and at that point I left for work.

For the past day and a half it's been under a rock next to my feather duster (which has good flow) but not a whole lot of lighting.

Additionally, my 2 clowns have not hosted the anemone yet.
Any recommendations on 1. getting the anemone in position where it can flourish (even if it decides to move a little.) and 2. getting my clowns to host the anemone?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire