mercredi 1 juin 2016

Diatoms and Dosing

Quick question. has anyone had any issues with dosing and diatoms. My tank had been perfectly clear but now i am starting to get diatoms in my sand bed and some of my rocks almost right after water changes. I use RODI and Coral Pro salt.

I did recently start dosing Calcium and Alk. Both were on the low side for a reef tank but are now up to 430 and 8.9.

tank is relatively new (in the sense that it was filled in December) but it was a transfer from another tank (65 to 120) and i used new sand but rock from the old tank.

I just get frustrated because I keep up on my water changes (10-15 gallons weekly)

Running GFO and Carbon as well

any advice or has anyone experienced issues with diatoms when they first start dosing. Fish and coral all seem to be fine


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire