mardi 28 juin 2016

BRS dry reef saver live rock?

Hello! I'm not exactly new to this forum, just had to make a new account. I've had a 35 gallon reef tank up and running since February and I've decided it's just not big enough. I got my hands on a nice 75 gallon and bought all this nice new equipment for it, but I want to use new rock. The stuff in my 35 just doesn't suit my tastes. Most of my new equipment was purchased from BRS-- including my new rock. It's the BRS reef saver dry live rock(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH PUKANI!). It is guaranteed to be 100% pest and hitchhiker free. This is where the confusion sets in. If it is completely clean, why the need to cure it? There isn't going to be any die off because there's nothing on it. Also, why do they sell it as dry live rock if it isn't live? I was under the impression that dry live rock would have bacteria and other microorganisms that will break down and aid in cycling your tank. If it's clean, where's the benefit of curing it? I've been surfing the forums and found many a debate over this subject, but I'd like some fresh opinions.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire