lundi 27 juin 2016

Just popping in!

Just wanted to say hi! Not sure how I missed this site but happy to have found it. I've been keeping mixed reef tanks for ~30 years, Quick introduction to me - Tim Fountain. I am originally from the UK, got my first salt tank, which was a converted FW 20G complete with undergravel filter and a ton of algae and pea green water about 30 years ago. My first serious reef was a 120G that was moderately successful, but tended to leak every few months from various fittings etc. That taught me about making things simple and foolproof. I moved to Austin, TX in 2001 and started with a 100 tank. IN 2005 I decided to to big and bought a 75G as a holding tank whilst I worked on my 210, custom tank, stand, hood etc.Chiller, aquacontroller, MH, etc. basically, the works. It was a great tank but eventually life, the cost of running a large tank, learning to fly and having kids meant that I sold the tank for <20% of my costs. Ouch.

I moved to OR in 2010 and didn't really think about reefing until last year when I thought why not, and purchased a new JBJ 29G nano. That kept the itch scratched until a month ago when I got the opportunity to buy a pretty much brand new Red Sea 350 9G with 25G sump, LR, many fish and corals, LED's, etc. etc. I think this tank is it, but I might need to remote the sump. I'll post some pics later. Well that's me!

- Tim


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire