lundi 27 juin 2016

5 gallon nano reef with sump help

So, I have beenout of the hobby for about 3 years now, my buddy has been talking about building a new tank. " And so it begins again" Thanks to him i have the bug again.
So in trying to keep the cost down a bit and trying something a little different, I was thinking about doing a 5.5 gallon with either a 2.5 or 5.5 gallon sump. I will build a little box/stand for the 2 tanks. Therefor the top of the display tank would be well within 16'' from the bottom of the sump.
I plan on drilling the back of the display tank (2) 1/2'' bulkheads one for drain and one for return using 1/2'' pvc.
As far as the sump goes i plan on building my own. The drain will come down onto some standard blue foam and drip onto some bio balls or something similar nature. (recommendation here) then into a center chamber (for protien skimmer / heater. Then a waterfall to get rid of the air bubbles then the return pump area. This is the best way i can describe it as it is all in my head at the moment.

Question 1 Using 1/2'' pvc what should my return pump be rated for? Or any standard 100 gph work? recommendations welcome

Question 2 Lighting, can anyone recommend a good light. I want to be able to grow shrooms, leather, polyps, Basically all the beginner corals that don't really require alot of care and maintenance Remember trying to keep the cost down.

Question 3 Is this a bad idea?

Thanks for everyone's input.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire