samedi 2 décembre 2017

Newman8r's return... 32g biocube

Hey all, spent 5 years off of this site, I was a young aspiring saltwater reefer but sadly a truck that got 12mpg and a "LFS" that was 60 miles one way didn't mix with my minimum wage teenage job. Since then I moved, have a close LFS, better paying job and now financially stable to support a nice reef tank. Also older and won't post some of the stupid "I know this fish calls for x amount of water but I have this. Will it work?"
Anyway, here's the new specs:

Biocube 32, Started it with Aquavitro Seed and killed the lights..... 4 weeks ago. Specs are:

32lbs cured live rock
20lbs live sand
korlia 425gph powerhead

Levels have held for the past 3 days
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate Approx 5ppm
Temp 79
SG 1.026

Didnt have a test kit to see the ammonia spike but I picked one up 2 weeks in and ammonia was on the charts.

Since I didn't record the spike im worried my tank didn't do a big cycle. I do see some diatoms.
My question is now what? Water change And add a fish? or small Scavager CUC and at feed since there's not much algae and monitor levels for next two weeks.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to be successful this time round!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire