lundi 18 décembre 2017

New stand and sump ideas

Hey Y'all!

I am thinking of rebuilding the stand for my 40 breeder. Right now it is on the bottom half of a hutch that we bought at a consignment place. Works well, fits a 20L sump well, and I just recently organized my power cords so it is all nice and neat.

However, it was not built for a fish tank. So although it holds the weight no problem, it could be stronger for my liking. And, I have a second spare 20L which could be used as a second sump, but there is not enough room in this tank. Also, I prefer a higher tank; not quite having the bottom at eye level, but something like 4 ft would be awesome.

Two thoughts:

First, if I make it that high (which I would do If I go through the trouble of making one), then it will need to be rather wide, as with 22-24 inches, it would rock fairly easily. This brings me to the next thought, which is the sump. I like the 20L, and I could likely do either two 20L stacked, OR, I could do another 40 breeder.

What are your thoughts? Anyone use a 40B as a sump? Any advantages over a 20L?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire