dimanche 24 décembre 2017

Tank Alkalinity Issues

Hello All,
It has been years since I have posted so bear with me. Before we get to the problem, let’s tell you about my tank. I have 80 gallon total water volume and have about 8 corals most of frag size and one 3-4inch derasa clam. My tank has been running over 1.5 years now and for the last 6 months I have more then struggled with dkh (using a Hanna tester). The problem appears that the more alk I add the more the tank consumes. I use a Kalk reactor on a perstaltic pump as well as 2 part b-ionic. I had gotten as high as all my top off with the kalk and 110ml of each part of 2 part but that is ridiculous. I tried large volume water changes and did essentially 3 of those with no affect on the alk consumption. The alk would spike to the level of the water mixed and drop over days back down. My mag is 1310 and calcium runs 415ish. Nitrates and phosphate at 0. I had some precipitation prior but currently have none and do not understand why this tank consumes an incredible amour of alk. I scrapped all the coralline I could reach and currently do not have a large amount. Currently I have backed off to 1000 ml of Kalk and 10 of each of 2 part. I’m extremely frustrated. Attached is a graph of my dkh.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Drop

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 2A375279-EADC-45DB-859E-71AD525232AA.jpeg Views: N/A Size: 361.8 KB ID: 166554  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire