dimanche 31 décembre 2017

Whiskey's 75G Dead Silent mixed reef

I'm starting a new thread for my tank since it's going a new direction now.

Even though it was really quiet with the Bean Animal overflow, soundproofed stand, and quiet equipment it was still causing noise issues in the house. It came down to a couple of choices. Make it always silent, or put it in my home office where I would not get to see it nearly as much. I decided that I would much rather see it all the time than have it locked away.

I did some research and discovered that there are a few people out there who have managed to keep softie tanks long term with no skimmer, GFO, carbon, or even water changes in a couple cases.

I'm not going to go that far, but I have removed my sump, CA reactor, Kalk reactor, skimmer. I got rid of all my SPS coral, and I've been picking up softies. The idea being that softies will take up nutrients from the water. I also lowered the light level.

Right now the system consists of the following:
75G tank
4x54W T5 HO with a single white flat reflector.
Eheim Canister filter (for carbon and GFO as needed)
Inline heater to keep it out of the tank
Apex for topoff as well as monitoring salinity and PH and general control.
Single Tunze 6105 for flow

I'm honestly not sure if this will work for me, I've never run a saltwater tank without a skimmer before, but I'll document the ups and downs here!

Feel free to join in the fun,
Whiskey


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire