dimanche 3 décembre 2017

Fred's 225 Full Reef

Hello all,

We have just added saltwater to our 225 gallon display tank. This tank is an older acrylic tank that we purchased from craigslist and I refinished the viewing panels. (that was a project and 1/2). :nuts:

The sump is a trigger sump 40 gallons that I got directly from trigger in their blem department for a great deal. I also received the original wet dry sump that came with the acrylic tank I converted this into a refugium about 30 gallons. :drool:

I kept some of my treasures from previous builds like my RODI unit. I replaced all of the filters. :cool:

So far in the tank there is 100 pound of pukani rock and I am going to add another 25 pounds or so. If I need more then I think I will resort to a marine pure brick in the sump. The rock cured/cooked for about 12 weeks in a brute can with a garbage bag over the top. I did one water change about 1/2 through. I also ran the skimmer on the rock, however after the water change the skimmate was minimal.:drool:

The skimmer is a skimz 207, the return pump is an syncra 12.0. Currently I am running 3 300 watt heaters which are set to work redundantly.

I will post some pics when I find them, for some reason they are not in the directory I thought they were in.

Lastly, is my question???? I was looking at Kessil 360EW pendant lights to light the tank, however after reading several reviews and having my doubts I have decided to go another direction, I am leaning toward 2 250 watt MH with LED artinic light for sunrise and set. I am looking for advise to light the tank here.

The tank is 72 by 30 deep by 24 wide. I am looking to keep mostly LPS but I will have some SPS somewhere down the line. Any advice is appreciated, however I ask that you back up what you say with how long you have been using what you are recommending and what your experience has been with the product.

Thanks for reading and it feels good to be back in the reefing community.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire