vendredi 3 juin 2016

Green Birdsenst Coral Problem

The problem I have is with a green birdsnest frag I bought about 3 weeks ago. Right after I acclimated it, I put it about mid way in the tank and noticed a white patch on the side with no polyps or skin. Since it was not spreading I assumed the tissue would grow back. The frag did great with lots polyp extension for the first 10 or so days. The color hasn't really been green but other than that it looked fine.

About 6 days ago I started to notice small white areas on the frag in random places like the middle and base. The skin on the frag seemed to just be peeling away leaving only the polyps and white skeleton behind. The polyp extension hasn't been as good as before and some of the them are darker colored and shrunken. I did dose amino acids a few days ago and I also fed reef roids. The frag is currently at the bottom of the tank near the sand.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what this tissue die off is caused by and if it can be reversed. I did a 20% water change a few days ago. Here are some of my parameters.

Nitrates- 0
Phosphates- 0
Calcium- 440
dkh- 9
Sg- 1.025
Temp- 80


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire