vendredi 2 octobre 2015

BioCube 14 - venting question

Can someone tell me why the vents in the BioCube 14 lid are basically sealed from underneath the lid (I cannot see how the airflow works in the current setup. I have see some modifications on websites, but those BioCube lids do not look anything like mine.

My 'Cube runs a bit hot ~80 - 82, and I am starting to have some algae issues (red and green - uck!). Office temperature is around 75 pretty much 24/7, and no direct or reflected sunlight hits the unit.

Started running a Purigen packet in the back of the unit at the overflow (do not use the carbon filter) and change out ~3 gals of water each 3 weeks, topping off with RO for evaporation as needed (~ 5 gals each 6 weeks). Do not have sand on the bottom of tank.

My Easystrips show everything is decent, nitrate is ~20PPM, ALK 180+, pH 7.8 - 8.4, Nitrite ~0. I supplement each week with Reef Advantage Calcium (1/4 tsp), and Reef Builder (1/4 tsp) + Coral-Vite (14 drops). Have had Ich the past few weeks so using Ich Attack daily (~2 capfuls) and hopefully it stops soon.

Any thoughts on what to do to try and halt continued growth? Does using a toothbrush help on an interim basis?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and input!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire