lundi 26 octobre 2015

Has anyone ever had a skimmer that was too strong for its own good?

I have extra room in my sump, i was considering upgrading my skimmer. Two things i was unsure about.

1. Can a skimmer be "too strong" where it pulls all organics out of water and causes very low nitrates? I have a BB tank so wouldnt i want atleast 5ppm nitrates to keep corals happy? Lps and softies. If feedings increased could a strong skimmer be a very successful combination? (Would be nice to spoil my fish/corals with daily heavy feedings)

2.could i use my current skimmer body (coralife SS 65) and upgrade the pump and or pinwheel? Or would my skimmers neck and body be too small and water would come through neck rapidly?

Ive heard from 1 person at a lfs once that a very powerful skimmer might pull trace elements out of water. Is this true because i was skeptical of that.

Thanks.
Scott


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire