mardi 27 octobre 2015

Biocube 14 filter and set up questions

Hello new to reef tanks have had a 60 gallon cichlid tank running for 2 years and want to get into reef tanks.


I have set up a Coralife Biocube 14 it has cycled and has 14 lbs of live rock and about 10-15 lbs of live sand (fiji pink). And plan on using the stock lighting.

Right now the only livestock in the tank are 4 black turbo snails and 3 scarlet hermit crabs. Would like to add 2-3 fish and a cleaner shrimp.

Right now my filter set up is in the first chamber I have the biocube protein skimmer running and a bag of the seachem matrixcarbon. Second chamber I have the stock bioballs and the stock sponge and pump. I have but the heater in chamber 3 by the pump.

A few questions.

What fish are recommended and how many? I have read about damsels, cardinal fish (pj cardinal fish), dwarf sea basses, and dwarf wrasses.

I've read a lot that the bioballs are nitrate factories and to remove them. I was thinking about removing them and replacing them with Seachem matrix. What are some good alternatives I thought the media basket by inTank but I dont want to remove the tab between chamber 1 and 2 because I want to keep the protein skimmer there. What are some recommended mods to the filter?

I want to add coral but unsure of what to add. I'm currently reading "The Nano-Reef Handbook" by Chris Brithwell. But want some names of corals that people have succesfully housed in the biocube 14. Also do I add the fish or the coral first.

Sorry for the long post just really want some answers I want to do this the right way.

Thanks


I've attached a picture of the tank.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 5.11.45 PM.jpg Views: N/A Size: 76.8 KB ID: 120309  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire