samedi 31 octobre 2015

My first marine tank - a Fluval M90

Hello all from small town Ontario, Canada.

I am just in the process of cycling my first marine tank. It is a Fluval M90 which works out to 35 US gal/30 Imp Gal.

It was a “kit” system that came with a built in sump, skimmer, power head, water pump, reef light, heater and power head. All Fluval products. The price was right at a LFS “tent sale”.

I have added 50 lbs. Carib Sea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black. 55 pounds of a combination of live, dry rock and carib sea man made base rock. The ratio is approx. 60% dry, 30% live & 10% carib sea. I liked the shapes of the carib sea rock pieces I bought.

I am using Instant Ocean reef mix for my salt. Water is RO from local RO supplier.

The current SP is 1.024 and temp is 76F. I was surprised at how much mix it took to get to 1.024. I used the amount recommended and it didn’t even move the swing arm on the hydrometer. I also added 15 ml of Prime.

Wish me luck moving forward. I am in no rush to add corals or livestock - mind you I do have a hitch hiker that showed up after I moved the live rock from the curing vat to the tank. Any guesses as to what it is?

I am sure I will lots of questions as I go forward.

Judi

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: hitch hiker 1.jpg Views: N/A Size: 70.7 KB ID: 120334  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire