mardi 27 octobre 2015

Pool Sand Filter for Aquarium.

I don't know about you all but I feel ripped off by Aquarium hardware manufactures. Frankly it seems very obvious that anything related to aquariums gets priced jacked simply because its for our hobby. Filters, protein skimmers, filter media, whatever. These things are made from very cheep materials but have at least a double markup if they're related to reefing. Ferric oxide is freaking rust for gods sake , butits sold like gold. A skimmer is a plastic tube with a cheap chinese motor that cost hundreds of dollars.

Anyways. I was look at water filtration in other industries and I came across pool Sand filters. It seems like a very cost effective method for cleaning very large volumes of water.has anyone tried them on an aquarium? I was really I interested in a product called Activated Filter Media or AFM. Has anyone tried this on a reef tank? Is there any reason we shouldnt?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire