samedi 31 octobre 2015

Future Bowfront Build

Hey guys, new to this forum and it seems very promising!

Anyways, I plan on getting a reef, something I haven't kept for nearly 12 years (although I currently keep a 210 gallon FOWLR and 90 gallon octopus, currently empty). I will either go with the 72 or the 90 gallon bowfront tank, as the difference is just 7 inches in height. However, I need to measure and make sure that I definitely can't fit a 155 or even 175 gallon tank, as the larger the tank the better.
My goal is to keep this pretty simple, and I'm kind of on a tight budget with this, so I would like it to have minimal equipment and most importantly cheap equipment. I know that I need:
-The aquarium and stand
-A lighting system
-A protein skimmer
-Live rock (or at least base rock and some rubble to seed it)
-Heater and thermometer (or a chiller - are there guidelines as to which to choose?)
-Salt and hydrometer (eventually I'll upgrade to a refractometer)
-Sand
-Test kits (probably just get it tested at the LFS)
-Powerheads
-Sand
-Other things that eventually, I will buy (reference books, RO unit or RODI unit, UV sterilizer, ozonizer, wavemakers, controllers, calcium reactors, refugium, and a return pump) - I know that some of these things I will need up front, specifically the RO or RODI unit, refugium, and return pump
So far, I have no clue as to what things I need to get for this tank, brand-wise. ANY recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire