mardi 27 octobre 2015

Need ID help- curly string mass on meat coral, open brain coral

Hi All- need some ID help please! We noticed this small mass on our meat coral over the past week, who otherwise is happy and healthy. Then I noticed our open brain coral, who hasn't been as happy lately, has a similar mass. Tonight I noticed the small mass has changed position on our meat coral.

I'm thinking it's got to be some critter?? And this is where I need your help :confused: Meat coral shows no damage and is doing great; ate last night. Open brain looks a little depressed, but again, shows no holes or ragged edges, etc. The pic I'm attaching does not capture what this thing really looks like; it looks like I took a long piece of white thread and curled it up and mashed it into a little ball, maybe a 1/4" in diameter. Sometimes the string gets more open, sometimes the ball is more closed. My research has turned up zip.

We've been dealing with a flat worm invasion on our mushrooms and did a couple dosings of the tank a few months ago. Some flat worms have lingered. Otherwise, the tank is in pristine order. Everyone is happy! Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2449.JPG Views: N/A Size: 116.9 KB ID: 120312  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire