vendredi 1 mai 2015

Urgent advise needed !

YUK YUK YUK.
Ok, so last 3 weeks or so, every couple of days I have this slime floating on top of the water in my sump.
It is clear, slimy and feels like snot. IT is thick enough consistency to be able to run a net over it and it stays in net for removal.
If you look down through the water you don't even know its there, but touch the surface of the water and its just like touching jelly, you finger sort of bounces back and it wobbles. It covers the whole surface of the water over a couple of days if not removed.
I remove it by net, and its back in a couple of days.
In that particular chamber I have, live rock, mushrooms, and a coral banded shrimp
I first thought it was mushrooms excreting without enough flow, but contacted Mad About Morphs who is an absolute expert and he doesn't seem to think that what it is. Doesn't believe its the coral banded either.
It is moving with the flow to the next section of the sump and today found some in the return section, so I am desperate to find out what it is and don't want it getting into the DT.
The mushrooms and banded are fine, so I dont think it is harmful or toxic but I certainly dont want to find for sure in the DT.
Please anyone that can help, chime in and throw ideas around. I am a little desperate. thanks.

P.S
Sal 1.026
mag 1280
cal 420
alk 9.3
Nitrae 0.01
phos 0.02
no ammonia or nitrites.
All fish and corals healthy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: photo 1.jpg Views: N/A Size: 90.6 KB ID: 118351   Click image for larger version Name: photo 2.jpg Views: N/A Size: 84.7 KB ID: 118352   Click image for larger version Name: photo 3.jpg Views: N/A Size: 132.9 KB ID: 118353  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire