dimanche 2 juillet 2017

bio pellets or not

I had a bad green bubble algae out brake so I decided to cook my rock not all at once but half of it at a time. So, I put 80 pounds in a trash can with heater and a power head and changed the water every two weeks . 5 months later my rock was finely free of green bubble algae.
when I took out half my rock I took out half my bio load and my nitrates started going up. I never had a problem with nitrates before but I hade a few snails die ,so I checked my parameter's. Nitrates 80 plus . so I bought bio pellets and put half on line and did a 50% water change that put me at 40 I did another 20% water change that did not affect it to much. Two weeks in I took my pellets up to full per instructions. 3 weeks and my nitrates are at 15 and dropping at a good speed. I have not really heard anything good about bio pellets SO my question is do I keep the pellets going after I put the rest of my rook back in? My other Half of live rock has about 3 more months left before it is green free. Any advice would be helpful .


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire