mercredi 26 juillet 2017

Temperature Gauge

Just a friendly reminder to not always trust a thermometer.

I have a stick on thermometer on the far side of my tank just to see how the temp changes from side to side. It was reading a bit high but I figured the sun was hitting it or something.

My digital thermometer is currently reading 75 degrees. When putting my hand over and in the water I thought it felt warm. Dummy me decided to trust the thermometer.

Two weeks go by and I'm having to turn up my heaters because the tank is dropping temp to 73/74-ish (which is the temp of my house). I'm still thinking, man this tank has never had issues with heating up - especially in summer obv.

Ordered a new thermometer and installed it last night - EIGHTY-EIGHT degrees y'all. I was like, well no wonder I've been losing some of my softies.

So I'm slowly bringing it back down to normal.

Just a reminder that the equipment we check every day could be our bane! :eek:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire