mardi 25 juillet 2017

How long can I go without power???

Hey guys and gals! Got a good question for you EXPERIENCED reefers! No offense to newbies.

Okay...so I have a 90 gallon I have had for a while...per the usual I bought a $400 3600KW generator to run the bad boy if power goes out. Like a responsible hardcore reefer I have a YouTube channel and even have a step by step Youtube video I made so that if the power ever does go out I can let my pet sitter watch it and even a dumb monkey can figure it out!

Question is this...while I have a back up battery pack for my pumps AND heater I wanted to know what you guys think of this. (by the way toss those eco tech battery packs folks...go buy you a computer back up battery pack, you can pay a tad bit extra, they come on automatically when the power goes out...they are bigger but LAST WAYYYY LONGER than the eco tech ones...thats just a money deal folks!)

Okay situational report. 90 gallon reef tank, 2 Sicce Voyagers 1200 GPH, 7 fish (scissortail dart, tanak pygmy wrasse, pink skunk clown, tomini tang, bi color chromis, blue assessor and swales basslet), power goes out at 6 PM, battery back up comes on for 6 hours, now its 12 AM, pet sitter comes over at 5 PM next day, fish are dead? Sand bed is also 2" at the deepest point as well meant to say that. Comments ready set go!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire