lundi 24 juillet 2017

ALk and CAL problems

Hey guys! Long time no hear right haha. K, anyways...so I have a year an a half old 90 gallon reef tank. O were to begin...well I never feed my corals until about 3 months ago and started using reef nutrition phyto feast, aqua vitro fuel and reef chili!...so I run 3 dosing pumps, there the BRS drews dosing pumps, which are the BRS top of the line brand. I run 3 commercial timers...Apollo eco plus digital timers. Sooooo I thought I had my timers dialed in really well...for like 2 months they were on point! I even left (in the military) for 3 weeks, came back and were BAM right on the #s!!! Well...like I said I started to feed...the tank came alieve bc I'v never feed my corals before...sooooo now my levels started to creep up, I will also add my water changes have been less frequent bc my bio pellets are mature and kicking ass. Nitrates stay around 2 to 5. Going back my levels have been creeping up, NOT MAG just ALK AND CAL. So I backed down the dosage times. Seems logical right...I checked back like a week and a half later and the ALK had raised to 9.8...which is a bit too high for my liking and the CAL I cant quite read but the water starts to turn colors at the end of 500..so its probably 510...maybe 520. And this was after I backed the dosing times down!!! So for now I have cut off both ALK and CAL timers to let the levels fall naturally...and I'll be honest...I'm a bit concered about the CAL being so high. I will also add that a little before I started feeding my corals I had always kept mainly LPS, softies, an alien eye, and procllipora...well right around that time I added 2 acan frags and a birdsnest...so I thought for sure they would consume ALK and CAL...well apparently the FRAGS are not...need some help guys...this had me scratching my head. I have NOT changed salts, not changed salienty, nothing!!! PH is fine...seems to be 8.1ish...maybe 8.0 its an ELOS test kit...and I'm using Red Sea test kits, I even used a Salferit CAL test kit and I got really close to the same readings...what the heck right! AND MAG has been the exact same for probably 4 months now...1400.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire