vendredi 3 juin 2016

DIY chiller

My plan is to use an inline power head near the top of the aquarium. Hook some small tubing to it or drop the size of the tubing down w/in 4 feet before it reaches the cooler under the stand. In the cooler i will have the tubing looped around and around and around but have a cavity in the middle (where i will put a cooling medium AKA ICE). So the PH will have to be big enough to push water into this hose and down and then back up again-CORRECT? But that seems difficult as I will want the water to move slow enough to be in the cooler for a bit so it will COOL.

I will need to insulate the up hose to prevent and heating (I think).

Your input on if this will work or how to fix it is appreciated.

On another note-my house is kept at 68, we are in the midwest and have some hot summers. While I will eventually turn the air on I would really like to turn it on because I can't stand the heat-not because my tank needs cooled. Right now the house is 80-so's the tank. I am guessing the ice won't work for long and is time and labor intensive but I'm hoping i can get it to work just for the before and after so i don't have to run my air all summer. I'm already using fans, and aiming my PH to displace the top water, door's and lid's open and ceiling fan on high.

THX again for input.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire