vendredi 1 mai 2015

Cloudy Water

Hello everyone.
So, over the last 2 weeks I noticed that my 16 gallon tank was starting to get a little cloudy or milky looking. I've been monitoring all of the basic parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph, salinity) and to my knowledge everything seems to be in check. Well, over this last week since my last water chance, the tank has gotten a lot worse. It almost looks like swirling clouds within the water.

Well, after doing all the research I could, I think it may be calcium carbonate precipitate in the water column but I really don't know for sure. I have 2 fish (both fire fish) and a cleaner shrimp as the only livestock in the tank. I did a larger WC yesterday evening (30%) since it was the first time that I noticed a change in mood of my fish and my 1 small zoa colony. The 2 firefish went into hiding and my zoas were partially closed. I'm sort of at a loss as to how to clear it up at this point.

I did read somewhere that the salt mix can make water cloudy and since I was at the bottom portion of the bag, I bought a new bag of instant ocean salt mix. I also changed feedings to every other day when I first noticed the cloudiness but it hasn't seemed to affect the water clarity any.

Attached is a picture of the tank just for a visual reference (Sorry about clarity, its from my phone.)

Water parameters:
Temp: 78
Ph: 7.9
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5-10
Salinity: 1.025

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMAG0109.jpg Views: N/A Size: 36.0 KB ID: 118340  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire