jeudi 3 mai 2018

Please help ID this hitchhiker

This is a short video clip of a hitchhiker I spotted on the Zoa rock I added to my tank a couple weeks ago. The resolution isn't all that great, and I'm sorry for that. It's a tiny little fella' with brownish tentacles and whitish tips in the left-center of the video.

I have a sneaking suspicion it might be a Majano Anemone, but I don't know how long I should let it grow out before I positiviely ID it and eradicate it from my tank. I don't want to end up with a Majano infestation, as a severe Aiptasia infestation is what led to the complete loss of enthusiasm for my reef tank several years ago. So, I'd like to get this thing out as soon as possible if it is, indeed, a Majano. OTOH, I don't want to kill a potentially desirable hitchhiker if it turns out to be something other than a Majano.

Thanks for any insight!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire