mardi 15 mai 2018

"Nature Aquarium" reef tank crossover?

Many, many, many moons ago before I got into saltwater, I was really into high-tech, heavily-planted FW. I was a HUGE fan of the Amano-style "Nature Aquarium" and the landscape style of aquascaping. There are many styles of aquascaping in the "Nature Aquarium", but I was always keen on those tanks that had a "mountain pass" kind of look to them. Something similar to this tank submitted to the AGA 2017 aquascaping contest:



I tried doing some preliminary Google searching, but have not yet come up with anything that I'm looking for. Has anyone attempted or seen a successful reef tank that is able to use certain types of corals to create a similar natural landscape style of aquascaping?

What made me think of this was I was watching some YouTube videos and came across a reefer who was using GSP in their nano tank to produce a carpeting effect. Seeing this immediately reminded me of the Amano-style tanks I used to drool over decades ago.

If I were to ever set up a second reef tank, I think I would try to research and build something that would look like one of these "Nature Aquarium" type of tanks but with saltwater and corals instead of freshwater and plants.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire