mercredi 23 mai 2018

Determining return pump needs

Hi, I I'm switching my tank to a do-it-yourself drilled overflow from glass holes that is rated at 700 gallons per hour. I'm trying to figure out what size return pump I need. It's a 40 breeder with a 40 breeder sump. I was reading that your return pump should try to match your overflow calculating in for head loss, but I don't know what number to use. Am I trying to match 700 gallons per hour since that's what my overflow is rated at, or is that just a maximum that that overflow can do?
700 gallons per hour seems like a lot of flow for mixed Reef. Even five times Flow woud be only 200.
Do I try to shoot for something like 300 gallons per hour since that's closer to what the skimmer is rated for and it's about 7 times my tank volume?
If that's the case do I need to put a gate valve on my overflow line on its way to the sump to slow it down?
I have been reading like crazy but can't really find a specific answer to whether 700 gallons per hour is actually what that return delivers or if it's just its maximum.
Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire