mercredi 23 mai 2018

Skimmers and ATOs

Ugh! Having a hard time dialing in my Reef Octo BH1000 HOB skimmer. It's always either skimming way too wet or way too dry (not skimming at all). I just can't hit that sweet spot where it consistently skims some nice, disgusting gunk! Then again, I have a low bio-load, and therefore do not feed my tank all that much.

My main question is how do other reefers compensate for the skimmate when you have an ATO on your tank, especially if you have a tendency to skim a little on the wetter side? As your skimmer pulls liquid out of the system, it is going to be replenished by the ATO with RO/DI, which will slowly lower your salinity, right? I started thinking about this dilemma last night when I noticed my skimmer was skimming really wet after my latest attempt to micro-adjust the skimmate production.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire