dimanche 25 juin 2017

Illness identification

I have a clown fish that has a growth on its lower lip. I got two clown fish at the same time and one of them developed brown spots on it that turned into brown/ whitish spots. I spoke to the LFS and they recommended a fresh water dip although they could not identify the illness. The spots made their way toward the gills on one of the clowns and sadlu he succumbed to the illness. The second one began developing the same symptoms on its bottom lip that have gradually gotten worse. Starting as brown spots and now resembling a scab that has been submerged in water for a while (brownish with clowdy white film.) The surviving fish, although it has the spots, is not losing color, is not listless and has not lost appetite.

Unfortunately I do not have a AT and medicating my tank isn't a realistic option due to my inverts. I did get a cleaner shrimp with hopes the clown would let it clean him up but to no avail. I'm still very happy with the shrimp. I do have another clown fish in the tank that hasn't shown any symptoms this far. I have done a bit of research but it is hard to diagnose on my own. I have a couple of pictures but with the movement of the fish I'm not confident in their quality but I provided a couple anyhow. It is my hope that you guys can at least help in identifying and I can take appropriate action from there. Thanks!

In the images the clown fish with the brown spots near its eye and gills has since passed. The other one can be seen in the photo with the one that died and you can kind of make out the beginning of its lip issue and then I have provided an image of what it has professed to.

Water parameters:
PH: 8.3
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
SG: 1.024
Temp: 80°F

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 20170625_203231_1498437173832.jpg Views: N/A Size: 27.5 KB ID: 158002   Click image for larger version Name: 20170625_203149_1498437184666.jpg Views: N/A Size: 23.0 KB ID: 158010   Click image for larger version Name: 20170625_203112_1498437196029.jpg Views: N/A Size: 20.8 KB ID: 158018  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire