mardi 27 juin 2017

Beginner - Mantis Shrimp

Good Morning!!

Me and my husband were wanting to get a Mantis Shrimp. I've personally wanted one for about 4 years now, and my husband has given the okay so I'm excited.

I do have some questions, and any additional input that I didn't ask about is greatly appreciated!

  • Is there any suggested reading I should do?
  • Tanks? Do I have to get an acrylic/plexiglass tank or will glass do? What size? Do I need any special lights? I've read where people said that usually when a mantis shrimp busts a tank it's when it is trying to burrow in the bottom, and to put rubber strips and fine sand on the bottoms with another layer of glass/plexiglass. Should I also make sure the thank is deep enough that it can make a burrow/nest?
  • Are they salt water? I've never had a salt water tank before - so how would I go about that? How would I keep a salt water tank clean?
  • Are there any specific rocks/coral/plants/other sea life that I should add to the tank?
  • What kinds of things do I feed a mantis shrimp? Is there any no-nos on feeding?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire